Wednesday, September 14, 2005

May Lake

One of the places we hiked to in Yosemite was May Lake. It's a very beautiful high altitude lake and it was a gorgeous warm sunny day. I wonder why they call it May Lake, since in May it's usually frozen solid under a blanket of snow... Anyway we found a cozy spot on the shore and put down my blanket. I had fun playing with Dad. Mom wouldn't let me touch the camera even though I kept trying.
IMG_9077 IMG_8996

The heather growing by the shore was really fun to touch.
IMG_9100

The reflections and sparkles on the lake itself were also fascinating. The patterns kept dancing and moving around.
IMG_9088 IMG_9121

After a lovely afternoon at the lake it was time to head back. The temperature drops rapidly so I got all bundled up. Here's me playing with Mom after a little snack stop on the way back to the car.
IMG_9152