Tuesday, November 08, 2005

In the Japanese Tea Garden

IMG_0033

We spent a lovely Sunday recently in San Francisco at the Japanese Tea Garden. Fall is so beautiful in a Japanese garden. Our visit reminded me of the October we spent a week in Kyoto. The weather was sunny and warm and the garden had a quiet, cool, damp feel to it. David and I had a great time taking pictures.
IMG_9978 IMG_0058 IMG_9974

Kelton enjoyed being close with daddy and mommy.
IMG_0024 IMG_9985
IMG_9993

But Kelton is getting more independent and wants to explore and touch everything on his own. He's also getting fast so we had to watch him closely or he would have gone for a swim in the Koi pond.
IMG_0018 IMG_0020
IMG_0038 IMG_9958

I think I still had the echo of our Japanese garden experience in my mind a week later when we went to Santa Cruz. I found a children's book of haiku, If Not for the Cat , and bought it for Kelton. He loves to look at the pictures while having daddy read it to him at bedtime.